Top ways how to annoy your customer the most

by Ashvini on January 27, 2011 · 9 comments

in Managing Customers

Go ahead annoy me

Go Blizzard

1. Make them stand in long queues
  2. Then offer them membership program for a fee
  3. Put them on an IVR with so many combinations that they dial out
  4. Make them feel that doing business with you is a privilege
  5. Send them mails even after they have long unsubscribed
  6. Do not deliver on time, every time
  7. Pursue them religiously to sign up for membership when they are busy shopping
  8. Call them everyday even if their number is not on do not dial list
  9. Up-sell relentlessly
  10. Charge for the service center calls
  11. Create products that are not well tested
  12. Put annoying popup ads
  13. Use your monopoly to charge them very high
  14. Give them a product but charge for every addon that makes using the product simple
  15. Create terrible user documentation
  16. Create incredibly confusing menus in the software
  17. When they are leaving the site, show a popup “Wait there is more”
  18. Put them through processes that do not concern them
  19. Treat them bad because they have no choice(for now )
  20. Get in new customers for free for your service while old pay a fee
  21. I did not know I have had so much bad experiences ;)

Thanks

Veronica Cervera November 15, 2011 at 5:24 pm

This is a great list of “what not to do”. Too bad there are some businesses who commit some of the things in this list. I really wonder why that is.

Deepika January 30, 2011 at 12:12 am

Awesome one.. Thankgod.. Haven’t been through so much.. But its too cruel to do all this.. Hehe..

Nicola Deiana January 28, 2011 at 10:14 am

So true Ashvini! I have experienced with most of them especially the 5th point. I continued receiving mails by a company even after I have unsubscribed to them. Anyway I like your humor on your post. Keep writing :)

Ashvini Kumar Saxena January 28, 2011 at 11:23 am

That is really bad. I hope they learn from it that you are not happy with them and stop spamming. THanks for your comments.

Robert January 28, 2011 at 1:32 am

I think most of us have experienced most if not all of the situations you mentioned. How about the products or services that make it very difficult to find customer service and when you do finally find it, they provide little or no support.

Enjoyed reading your post. :-)

Ashvini Kumar Saxena January 28, 2011 at 1:45 am

Hi Robert,
You are most welcome to my blog and glad that you liked my post.

Thanks and regards,
Ashvini

Aswani January 27, 2011 at 11:13 am

haha…very funny :D But anyways, you have shared it all truth. I too have been through many similar experiences. It never ends :(

Ashvini Kumar Saxena January 27, 2011 at 2:50 pm

I thought I would cross one hundred… ;) But good to stop at twenty. Thanks for comments

{ 1 trackback }