10 tough questions for wannabe entrepreneurs

by Ashvini on January 31, 2012 · 10 comments

in Entrepreneurship

Entrepreneurship is not easy. Period. But it is fun as well . Here are ten questions that a wannabe entrepreneur needs to ask him/herself. Questions start with tough ones and then get easy as you move down. Have fun finding answers to them.

1. Are you willing to let go of the comfort of monthly salary of your job?
  2. Are you willing to work much harder than you ever did in your life?
  3. Do you have a support system( family, working spouse, savings)?
  4. Do you find leading a really stressful life OK at least for some time?
  5. Are you okay with workplace without fancy designations?
  6. Are you prepared to invest a lot of money and unfortunately lose it too sometimes?
  7. Are you willing to settle for much smaller office than what you have now?
  8. Are you prepared to be turned down by customer because of your company’s small size?
  9. Are you ok with doing multiple things at a time without getting overwhelmed?
  10. Are you willing to sacrifice your current lifestyle for a really long time ?

If you have crossed these ten without a blink, I am sure you are really looking for getting into entrepreneurship.

Kate September 4, 2012 at 5:49 pm

Hello, Neat post. There is a problem together with your site in internet explorer, might
check this? IE nonetheless is the marketplace leader and a big
section of other people will pass over your magnificent writing because of this problem.

Harsha February 13, 2012 at 9:41 am

Very thought provoking questions…One thinks it is possible to cross the line, but these questions are real stumbling blocks! I hope I can say a Yes to all , someday!

Ashvini Kumar Saxena February 14, 2012 at 7:28 pm

Harsha,

My best of luck to you. If you have already started thinking about entrepreneurship, its a great start :)

Suriya May 20, 2014 at 7:46 pm

Hi Ashvin .. good to read your article .. but how does one know which path to take? I mean is there a way one can analyse which is the right path for them?

Regards
Suri

Ashvini May 21, 2014 at 7:00 pm

Yes, I think so. Everyone has their own path. We learn something on the way too.

Aswani February 3, 2012 at 8:31 am

Hi Ashvini….very good points mentioned by you. I am still not in a position to think on the same but anyways, it looks very interesting…Let’ see if..!

Rohit Batra February 7, 2012 at 7:31 pm

My Point of View is some-what similar to you Aswani Bro, but still at some point in life I can answer Yes to all the above questions for sure!

Lets Hope for the Best in Future :)

Sonia February 3, 2012 at 4:29 am

These are questions I wish I was asked 10 years ago when I started an online business in 2000. I had no idea that it could so complicated and time consuming. Money, time, and not even having a business plan or plan of action either. Now, I am more prepared in what is needed to build a business.

If more entrepreneurs said these questions to themselves it would give them a clear cut vision on if starting a business is cut out for them. I don’t mean that in a way to give up or that it might not be for them, but it could very be. Some people jump head first and don’t give much thought or effort into what goes into being in business for themselves. Too much time is spent on looking at what someone else is doing.

Ashvini Kumar Saxena February 6, 2012 at 3:31 pm

Hi Sonia,

You are so right when you say that these questions need to be taken in right spirit. Copying someone else may build a business but it will not fetch us great returns year after year.

Starting a business is hard tough work and it needs a lot of thought. Your comment above shows that planning and thinking is necessary to start , run and make the business profitable.

Let me know if I can help you anyway in your business. I will be glad to help.

Daria Steigman January 31, 2012 at 10:10 pm

Actually, I have a bigger office. :) But I digress.

#1 is where I always start. I’ve had people think they can leave their jobs and just segue that work flow, client/customer base, and income into their own business. As if. I always ask whether they are prepared to have less income and they usually look at me and reply, For a month? Entrepreneurs understand risk and are prepared to both tolerate and manage that — from a business perspective (#2, 8, 9), from a financial perspective (#10), and from a personal perspective (#3 and 4).