Success in entrepreneurship rarely goes from point A to point B in a straight line. In fact it always goes in incredibly meandering ways like a river does when it travels from top of mountain to the seas.
Entrepreneurship plans rarely achieve exactly what they set out to do . Why ? because entrepreneurship by its nature is full of risks inherent in it. These risks rarely allow an entrepreneur just attain success in a matter of small time. Instead the journey is torturous , full of pitfalls and failures.
Here are a few factors that every entrepreneur needs to overcome
- Financial constraints
- Uncertainty of revenue
- Lack of acceptance of his idea
- Timing of product launch ( too early or too late)
- Pressure to make money fast
These factors lead to a lot of chaos in life of an ordinary entrepreneur. The obvious answer is to run towards safe job, doing what everyone does. However if you are not the one, here are a few strategies from some really successful people I know( not only in money terms).
- Make best of the situation as it is right now
- Be flexible like a river . Go around obstacles.
- Cut slowly like a river: Not to be afraid of the grind or the grunt work
- Develop desire to reach goal any which way( like a river does)
- Network and make friends in industry you operate in
- Develop patience to see your endeavors through
- Be inspirational even in tough times
- Listening to feedback and making changes along the way
- High level of commitment to customers
- Helping attitude over salesmanship
- Adequate planning but also making fast decisions
- Handling limited finances deftly
- Concentration on quality
- Hard work and smart work both.
- Work through the perceived lack of progress.
- Do not put a clock on success.
Do you have any other quality of successful people? Would you like to share them with us?