Being remarkable may be about born about with right set of genes. However most of the people become remarkable not because they were only born with right genes (if), but also because they were humble enough to learn and refused to be cowed down.
Looking around, we may see a lot of people who are remarkable in their own ways. Even though they are called as geniuses, most of them would have worked very hard to be where they are today.
Can everyone be remarkable? Sure, why not? They can be remarkable in their own ways. Though the world looks admiringly only at people making money but that is quite the narrow way of looking at things. Here are a few traits how anyone can be remarkable.
- Drop the know-it-all attitude. Instead cultivate attitude of learning
- Learn from the best in your business/work
- Learn even from your competitors
- Do something more than what you are expected to.
- Help others. You might learn something new
- Read more books (non – fiction). They may be boring but contains a lot of knowledge and experience
- Be curious
- Don’t believe known principles. Test and find out for yourself
- Help without expecting something in return
- Solve specific problems in innovative ways
- Develop customer centric approach
- Think solutions that solve problems for a long term
- Be flexible and adaptable
- Stand by your convictions and thoughts but be open to new ideas
- Learn from your mistakes and other’s too
- Don’t listen to people who tell you that something cannot be done
- Take opinions of others but follow your own dreams
- Think about providing value in your work
- Create remarkable products/ exceptional services
- Copy but improve on it. Do not copy slavishly.
Want to add more ? Please do so in the comments below