The best team is a passionate team

by Ashvini on September 12, 2012 · 18 comments

in My Personal Thoughts

Entrepreneurs would like to see mentors guiding them through the tough and tricky terrain of starting their own venture. They also need a great team to run their businesses. Its great to get a team which can provide complimentary skills . That means if one has experience in marketing, the other knows the finance and so on. A team which has diverse skills can serve the venture very well.

Passionate team members

Entrepreneurs also may like to bring on board people who have financial  strength . The added finances can help the venture last much longer than if it was only funded by entrepreneur’s money.

However ,team members need to posses a very important thing.

It is their passion towards the venture. Everyone would like to earn money from the success in business. The only people who make this happen are passionate about it. A team is that who will stand by the venture , when there is even no money left to run the operation. A passionate team member gets on the ground in the time of crisis. He or she is interested its long term growth. A passionate team member would not be afraid to air his views , however much different they are from the common , if they are good for the venture.

It is very hard to find people who feel the same passions that the entrepreneurs do. They could be people who believe in the entrepreneur and his vision. They could be from friends or part of family.

It is up to you then

As an entrepreneur, its your job to respect your team members, give the credit wherever due ( not only financially). They are the ones who made your venture what it is today. They stood with you in times,, thick and thin. And that is what matters.

Image: FreeDigitalPhotos.net

Roz Bennetts October 18, 2012 at 6:00 pm

This is very true, the team members’ passion is paramount but that passion has to also come from the top of the company as that is where the culture is established. Conversely nothing is as destructive or insidious in an organisation than negativity.

Ashvini Kumar Saxena October 19, 2012 at 3:49 pm

Hi Roz,

Negativity definitely destroys company’s culture. It is often said that there are only few people who make all the difference. So it is a good idea to find them and then utilize their services. Thanks for your comments .

Roz Bennetts October 26, 2012 at 12:41 am

Hi Ashvini, absolutely. Forgive me for plugging one of my own posts here but what we’re talking about with the leadership is the subject of an article I had on my blog (linked below). I wish I wrote it (it was actually written by one of my favourite bloggers) but I got permission to repost it. I hope you get a chance to have a look at it.

Regards, Roz

Ashvini Kumar Saxena October 30, 2012 at 2:55 pm

Hi Roz,

You are most welcome to link to your posts here. No need for apology :). I will be checking it out thanks :)

Tomas September 27, 2012 at 5:53 pm

The concept the best team describes the dream- portrays the relationships we all should maintain in order to be worthy the name of a human

Ashvini Kumar Saxena October 1, 2012 at 2:03 pm

Welcome Tomas, to my blog and thanks for the comment :)

Rana Sinha September 26, 2012 at 6:57 pm

So true. One can rather easily spot the difference among teams with passion and those without. One thing comes to mind that teams with passion also need reality checking at all times to keep on the right track and discern if they are passionate about the right things.

Ashvini Kumar Saxena October 1, 2012 at 2:05 pm

Hi Rana,

Thanks for your comment :). I agree someone needs to do a reality check otherwise people will do their own thing and not follow the common goal.

Simon Duck September 18, 2012 at 1:03 am

All so true, even with the greatest idea of all time, if you haven’t got a team which can help put it all into action, then it won’t go anywhere. To get this team you need to show all the drive they have and be able to help them achieve their objectives in life. If they want to be a manager in 5 years and you see the potential, help them reach the goal. It may mean you have to spend more time in the short-term, but think about it, building and helping to grow that relationship will just built a team which is even stronger, even happier to work with you.

Regards,
Simon Duck

Ashvini Kumar Saxena September 18, 2012 at 3:25 pm

Hi Simon,

Great tips. Allowing / helping people to achieve their goals will truly help your rise. I am seeing a friend of mine in action with this philosophy and she is doing very well. Not only she has earned tremendous reputation for delivery of work but it seems who center wants to work with her.

Cool thoughts. I really loved them. Thanks

Daria Steigman September 17, 2012 at 5:48 pm

I’m not sure I agree with you on the money/passion tie-in (I’ve seen people who are very cold and methodical do quite well in business), but I do agree that you can’t succeed if you’re “dialing it in.” To that extent, you have to be determined–if not passionate.

Personally, I’ll take a passionate team every day of the week. Assuming the skill set is there, I want people who care about the business (or the mission, or the client’s product, etc.).

Ashvini Kumar Saxena September 18, 2012 at 3:13 pm

Hi Daria,

Thanks for your comment :) .

I was in a group meeting where a concern was about getting money to keep the ventures alive. To that extent I wrote that entrepreneurs do need people who can finance their ventures. Maybe I did not get what you are trying to say .
I feel it is very important to have passionate people. Of course people can be paid to come to office, but often it is the passion that makes the difference between winner and loser .
Have a great day :)

farouk September 16, 2012 at 3:14 pm

you are so right
if one person was passionate he can achieve a lot so what about a whole team who are passionate about what they do , that would be great!

Ashvini Kumar Saxena September 18, 2012 at 3:17 pm

Hi Farouk,

It is great if we ever get a passionate team :)

DiNaRa September 15, 2012 at 10:17 pm

I agree 1000% that to find a good team is very hard and it can take a very long time and effort. Family can not always be a good team. It depends. I am looking a for team right now, but I am still in process.

Ashvini Kumar Saxena September 18, 2012 at 3:18 pm

Hi Dinara,

It is hard but not impossible. Networking with right minded people can always make a difference.
Thanks for your views :)

Radu September 14, 2012 at 7:59 pm

The best team is a well motivated team. No team will work for nothing or they will be counter productive if the payment will not be good. Of course, the environment count as well but these days money prevails.

Ashvini Kumar Saxena September 18, 2012 at 3:19 pm

Hi Radu,

Money is a great motivator no doubt but it is more of a hygiene factor. The best productivity is achieved when people are committed to a cause and that is where passion comes into picture .
Thanks for your comment . Great to see you here.