Motivate yourself even when you’re depressed!

by Ashvini on July 11, 2013 · 10 comments

in General

A couple of days back, one of my friend was so depressed when he failed in some point of his life so badly that he wanted to commit suicide. If you’ve failed somewhere in your life, it is the plan which has failed, not you! Get up, accept it, and move on in your life. Take things positively, you might end up learning which caused that failure, and dare not repeat that same mistake in near future. That’s the way you should live. If there is a will, there is surely a way!

How do I motivate myself?

1. Preparing yourself :- You’re not mentally fit for moving on. You’re depressed, you’re feeling low and you want some space. Yes, I know how it feels. A friend of mine failed in class 11th, he repeated 11th standard, believed in himself, topped the school in 11th, topped the school in 12th too. He was doing it so hard, he cracked JEE too, but he joined NIT because he could not get his desired branch in IITs. He could have committed suicide too but he didn’t. Why? Because he believed in himself. Believe in yourself, life isn’t easy.

2. Solitude & coffee :– Moving on does not mean you forget your past. It means, improving yourself, and performing better. Take a hot cup of coffee/tea, sit alone in some peaceful space and simply think about your failure. You will soon start to analyse about the part which caused failure. Once you have done that, you are ready to move to step number 3. Cheers!

3. Unleashing the beast in you :– In this part, I’ll reveal you to yourself, to your inner soul. It is a child’s play. Listen to hard-core songs, which will bring adrenaline rush. I’m a metal head, when I’m depressed, I listen to songs like Warrior of the World, Angels don’t kill and the list goes on and on. If this does not work, watch some of the inspirational speeches, you can easily get them on Google or YouTube. I personally get inspired from Sandeep Maheshwari’s – Last Life changing Seminar.

4. 1st step towards success :– The first step towards success is the biggest step. Since you have figured out your weak points which caused failure before, work on them, excel them. In this step, you’re working on yourself, this is the best step since you are changing yourself for your own good.

5. 2nd step towards success :– Start everything from scratch again, with a high level curiosity, give your 100% effort. By 100%, I mean only One Hundred per cent only. If I give you a 1 litre of bottle, can you fill 2 litres of water in it? Obviously no, it will overflow and hence the water is wasted. You can substitute the hard work with wasted water when you tried to give more than 100%. Giving 110% or 200% is just a myth, no one can over-perform more than his capacity.

6. Fail Early, Fail Fast :– Yes, I know you will fail again, because you’re a human being, not a computer. Life does not come with an instruction pamphlet. Fail Early because failing late is not a good habit. If you fail after your 90% of work is done, you’ll lose plenty of your hard work. Fail Fast means you should fail quickly, it simply means that you should not try to avoid the mistake, make the mistake, accept it, correct it. This is how it works.

7. Hard Work :– Hard work is the key for success, I know a blogger, who used to work for 14-16 hours daily in his initial days. Now he earns over $10,000/month. Even if you consider Ashvini Kumar Saxena (owner of this blog), he studied for 16-18 hours daily to get admission in IIT. As a result, his hard work paid off and got what he achieved.

8. Be Confident :– Even I, I used to go blank in examination hall. It happens, you just need to improve yourself. Since you know you’ve done plenty of hard work, you should be confident. Don’t feel nervous, just be yourself. If you’ve done everything finely, you need not to worry about the result. Just be calm and composed, rest everything will go fine.

9. Rhythm is necessary :– If you achieve success, keep working on it, if I were you, I would have worked more harder. Get motivated by your success, it will boost you to do more. Yes we are human, put your greed in positive way, it works.

Author: Amit Kumar , a sixteen year old( or young)  bright and enthusiastic guy from Delhi. You can connect with him at https://www.facebook.com/KumarAmit1996. He is a great friend of mine. He just got into college. Congratulations to him.

image

Amit July 30, 2013 at 8:25 pm

Motivating yourself is the best exercise. Just believe in yourself and have faith in your abilities. With motivation & trust in your self everyone can get everything in Life.

Silviu July 18, 2013 at 4:47 pm

Hi Amit,

Glad to meet you. What a good thing that Ashvini allows other people to create on his blog.

1. Yes. Suicide is not the way. In any religion or any culture of the world suicide is seen as one of the most negative choices you can make.

2. Believe in yourself. Yes, it is absolutely necessary. However, from my experience I found out that it helps a lot when you believe in a higher power, too.

3. Analyse about the part which causes failure. Find those weak points that cause failure and work on them. How true! This exactly what I did.

Last year I created a blog in the weight loss niche and wrote a lot and promote my articles on social networks. After 240 articles written, I cracked. Miserable failure. Why? I analysed the weakest points and found out:
1) I never liked that niche; 2) I was afraid to contact people, to connect with people and communicate with them. So I set myself to work on those weak points. I found a niche that I really like and started to connect with people. I made a lot of progress since last year and I start seeing beautiful results.
Yes, I am not so good at relationships but it will improve.

Beautiful words were said here in this post. Wise words.

Amit, thank you for taking the time and effort to write it.

Have a nice day

Ashvini Kumar Saxena July 24, 2013 at 5:41 pm

Hi Silivu,

Thanks for your comment. Yes Amit has written quite a good article. Would you like to write a guest post too? I will be happy to post it.

I really don’t think that you are not good at making relationships. I have seen your comments on various blog posts and they are thought through and written well. Glad that you are enjoying the fruits of your labour. Some times it takes something to click and then it goes well from there. :).

Cararta July 16, 2013 at 5:14 am

I Haven’t ever really considered suicide in all of my 73 years….but
upon occasion have felt like withdrawing and going somewhere else!
Right now this post is
Just what I needed.
Kind of down because all my websites got locked down because of to much cpu usage. Not techie so having a hard time changing what needs to be changed…Learning as I go…will be an expert when I get through so guess there is an up in this Down!

If you just keep working, sooner or later things will work out….

Amit Kumar July 16, 2013 at 5:19 pm

Dear Carata,
Everything will go fine, just be patient and calm, things shall go smoothly by time. Keep faith in yourself and do things wisely!

All the best! :)

Ashvini Kumar Saxena July 16, 2013 at 6:49 pm

Hi Cararta,
I am glad that this post helped you. It is indeed inspirational that you take your time and come out successfully from troubles.

Regarding the locked site, I can take a look at what is causing the problem. Do let me know if you want me to check it out.

Thanks for your comment :)

Adrienne July 13, 2013 at 4:10 am

Such wise words from a 16 year old, wow. Welcome Amit and thank you for these.

I have been depressed before, in a deep one as a matter of fact but I can honestly say I’ve never wanted to kill myself. I guess that’s a good thing right!

Your suggestions are wonderful and so wise for your age.

I prefer the solitude like getting out for a walk and clearing my head so I’m not sitting around thinking way too much. I’m not a coffee drinker so that wouldn’t work too well for me.

Amit Kumar July 16, 2013 at 5:25 pm

Thanks a lot for your wise comments, I appreciate the fact that you love yourself and didn’t think of committing suicide, it’s the worst thing one can do. I loved your valuable comments, it motivates me to write more!

Amit Kumar July 12, 2013 at 12:28 pm

Thanks a lot for your valuable comments.

Lori Gosselin July 11, 2013 at 5:46 pm

Hi Amit! Hi Ashvini!
This is a great post about discouragement. I especially like #6 – may as well learn from an early age that failure IS an option ;-)
And I like #2 – solitude and coffee! A good cup of coffee and a personal think-session can do wonders for the spirits!
Lori