Entrepreneurs are overwhelmed !
A small company or an entrepreneur has the problem of lesser resources at hand. That means they have to do most of the things by themselves
They spend most of the time solving urgent problems and spending lesser time on the things such as branding , marketing or business development. They don’t have the finance or the necessary size to do everything. They concentrate on a very few areas often to over-deliver. This leads to neglecting other aspect of the business. Since they have got only twenty four hours just like anyone else, they end up getting overwhelmed.
As a small time entrepreneur, I T have faced these sort of problems . Its easy to get overwhelmed while trying to do more in lesser time. Thus we end up doing less and depressed about uncompleted work.
However I have learned a few ways to beat the feeling of getting overwhelmed and doing things productively.
A few steps to beat “Overwhelming blues feeling”
- One cannot do everything by his own , so partnering and outsourcing is a good idea
- Minimum number of tasks done well will provide higher level of satisfaction than a large number of uncompleted tasks
- Planning for activities and also keeping a log of activities will help to keep track of things
- Advance preparation for the upcoming activities help. For example , if you need to do something regularly ( like posting articles for your blog), its better to write for a week and schedule them then wait for the week to arrive.
- Invest in your own business. If you feel a tool /software can help you make more productive invest in it. The time saved can be used to do some other activity.
- Don’t worry if you cannot complete everything. There is another day for taking a shot.
- You will get overwhelmed sometimes and it is just normal. Just take it in your stride and go with whatever you can do
- Remember the bigger picture. When you become successful , you will remember the days of your struggle and you would be proud of them.
What to do next ?
- Explore the archives
- Share this post using the share buttons
- Subscribe to mailing list